Thursday, September 1, 2016

Welcome

I moved into my current house earlier this year. My grandparents moved in to it in the early 80's with my mom and uncle after my grandfather was stationed at Tinker AFB. Since then most everyone in my immediately family has lived there at some point. Several years ago, after my grandmother passed away, my parents moved in when my grandfather bought a new house. But as soon as they moved in they were on the look for somewhere new to live and I had my eyes on that sweet, sweet casa. After some unfortunate timing on my part (having JUST signed a lease on another house) and an unexpected bid that was accepted on a new house my parents made, there I was looking for someone to take over my lease and quickly moving my things in as my parent were slowly moving their things out.
I'm currently renting the house from my grandfather, with my goal to buy it sometime in the near future. But, while I still have a "landlord" to help (somewhat) with financing repairs on the house, I need to take advantage of fixing everything I can up before I fully commit to going down the rabbit hole of home ownership.
Now an important part to mention is that while I have some experience in home improvement and repair, I mostly learn by mistakes that I make, which are pretty numerous. My current roommate and I have grown up together, and for some reason any project we have started on together, some part (or most) of it goes wrong, making us go back and figure out some new solution or some way to cover up and make whatever it is look good at least. Hopefully my readers, after reading the posts and seeing what goes wrong, will be able to do the same things, but limiting the screw-ups. Also I'm probably going to be including random pictures of my dog for, ya know, therapy purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment